Year Inducted: 2008
Ken was born and raised on the east side of Detroit. He was one of 8 sons of Clara and Frank Semelsberger. He graduated from Servite High in 1965 and attended Wayne State University where he played Football from 1966-1968. He began his coaching career at Servite where he coached Football, Basketball, Baseball and Softball.
Ken came to Port Huron High School in March of 1978 as a teacher and head Football Coach. He helped turn the program that had lost 26 straight games around. Ken has been active in the Macomb Area Conference serving as League President 1995-96. He is also very active in the Michigan Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association, serving as President in 2000-2001, 2001-2002. He is only the second person to serve more than one term as President. He is currently on the MIAAA conference and Five State Exchange Committees. Other honors include:
- Several coach of the year awards
- Selected as coach of the MHSFCA High School all star game in 2000
- Selected to Detroit Catholic league Hall of Fame in 1981
- Elected to Michigan High School Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2001
- Selected MIAAA Region 10 Athletic Director of the year in 2000 (one of the first to receive)
- Certified Master Athletic Director designation from NIAAA
- Received Charles Forsythe award from MHSAA in 2003
- Selected MIAAA Athletic Director of the year in 2005
- Selected National High School Athletic Coaches Association Midwest Athletic Director of the year in 2005
- Selected as a finalist for National Athletic Director of the year by the NHSACA in 2005
- Selected Midwest Athletic Director of the year by the National Association of Secondary Schools Athletic Directors in 2005
- Selected as National finalist for Athletic Director by the NASSAD in 2005
- Member of the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association Certification Committee from 1999-2006
Ken has hosted several MHSAA District Regional and semi final contests while Athletic Director at Port Huron High School. He has been a speaker at several MIAAA, MHSAA and Wayne State University workshops and conferences.
He is a member of St. Stephens Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus. And is also currently on the Board of Directors for Wayne State University Athletic Alumni Association and is a member of the Port Huron Elks.
Ken was married to the late Margaret Semelsberger for over 37 years and is the proud father of 3 children Kevin, Keith and Michelle.